fluorescent adolescent
[html]<style type="text/css">
.terra-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.terra {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#000 url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15dv2nr.jpg) no-repeat top right;width:90%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;border:1px solid #BF7E17;outline:1px solid #000 }
.terra .in {margin:220px 10px 10px 10px; padding:5px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#DFDFDF;background:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ch2mwn.png);border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
.terra p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.terra .line { border-bottom:1px solid #4F0003; margin:0 auto 5px 220px;}
.terra b {color:#f9c5e8;font-family:georgia}
.terra b:before {content: open-quote; }
.terra b:after {content: close-quote; }
.terra a {color:#43213A}
.terra a:hover {color:#214055;text-decoration:underline}
.terra-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

For the wonderful Alaine :3 I don’t have any ideas in particular for this thread, so if you get any ideas just PM me ^___^

The yearling had taken to her duties well. With every sunrise the woman was up and about, taking the trek to the edge of the border, sitting for a large portion of the morning in absolute silence, waiting for something to happen. Kimbra had stopped accompanying Magnolia every day since the weather turned frigid; the arctic wolf could handle the biting winds during the border scout but the fragile bird couldn’t. However, when Magnolia awoke this morning, she got the Kite to come with her. She appreciated the company for checking the traps without Denver made her feel lonely most of the time.

The duo did their rounds, Kimbra leaving Maggie’s shoulder temporarily to catch something to eat now and again. The bird caught small prey with impressive precision. She smiled as she watched her winged friend dive in between the trees, always returning to Magnolia’s silver shoulder for a perch. The two had become inseparable as of late. Maggie was happy she had a new friend that was all trained up, thanks to Niro; Kimbra kept things exciting when she was alone.

Soon enough, Maggie had finished her morning duties. She walked back leisurely to her home in the ruins, but she wasn’t quite ready to retire and go take her afternoon nap just yet. The bird tensely gripped Maggie’s shoulder as she kept walking past her house and further into the territory, no real destination in mind.

Image by Sean McMenemy, table by Tammi!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread