thou shall not commit adultery
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

Word Count »

The boy approached, but ducked for cover. Ezekiel lifted his nose and sniffed the air; he called out to the puppy, unwilling to discuss such things before him. “I think there’s a mouse nearby,” his voice suggested this was not merely a suggestion. It would be unfair for Zana to need to explain such things to her ward.

Once he was certain the boy was out of earshot, Ezekiel’s eyes fell down to the smaller woman. He had been the one to find her—he recalled her as she had been, and saw that spark fading. It was an unfortunate thing to see. Where there had been ferocity and the sort of arrogance within her expected of the Lykoi blood, he found it weakened. Perhaps it was her mother’s fault; wolves did leave room for weakness, he now imagined. They would need to see the blood bred out.

His ears flared back, slightly, a false display but one he was well prepared for. “It’s about Helotes. I fear his loyalty to me…and to you, may now be compromised.” The coyote paused briefly and then went on. “He was with Halo.” The undercurrent of this statement did not need spoken to give it meaning.

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread