thou shall not commit adultery
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

Word Count »

There was a palpable shift within the small girl, and Ezekiel was glad for it. Zana had been one of the first in a long series of women he would attempt to hold sway over, and as long as she remained loyal to him he would allow for such indiscretions as a lone child or even her would-be relationship with a cousin. Blood aside, he doubted how much he could trust Helotes due to the weakness of flesh he so willingly gave into. It was not something he found himself trusting much at all.

Observant yet of her behavior, Ezekiel made no move to comfort her. It would not do to allow weakness to soften the tiny woman, yet dangerous in her own way. “I am,” he said gravely. “I do not wish to see you wounded by him, Zana…and I have a task for you that will show us just how true he may be to you yet,” the coyote went on, his words carefully chosen and yet planned with such grace the shift of topics was natural. “Disguise yourself and go east. See what you can learn of Anathema from within their ranks; if he still cares for you, you will know it upon your return. I’ll ensure the boy is cared for,” he added, looking to the pup now rolling about in the snow. “It is dangerous,” the Aquila went on. “But you are loyal to me and I trust your skills.”

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread