thou shall not commit adultery
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

Word Count »

It was a cruel way to do this, and perhaps one that would later cause grief, but it was his right as a leader to know the true bonds of those who followed him. If she would be so wounded by the man now, she would turn on him—and he could not yet afford Helotes, despite his weakness. Amber eyes shifted down to the woman’s face, and he listened to her promise and her question. A faint and sad smile crossed his face, one that fell at odds with the sharpness in his eyes.

“There may come a day,” he surmised. “When you will swear loyalty to this clan; but as long as I am leader here I wish to have your…talents, on my side. Once I determine whom I can trust, I won’t need to ask you of such dangers. You’re valuable, Zana, and I don’t want some sex-crazed mutt making you think otherwise.” A faint rise of anger pulled in his voice. As Siobhan, he considered Zana a girl under his protection; and that peculiar sort of brotherly need made him worry to see what could befall those who would harm the girl.

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread