thou shall not commit adultery
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

Word Count »

A beast lay under his golden coat, and Ezekiel had done well to hide it. He was torn asunder by two worlds, and it was apparent in the behavior as well. Effectively turning in his Hydra meant that he now risked the anger of that man as well as this woman; Helotes outweighed him, certainly, but Ezekiel had fought and killed a man bigger yet. He did not fear the wolfish coyote anymore than he feared the outside and the unknown. Only paranoia allowed for caution, which he clung to yet.

So his eyes darkened slightly at her speech, but he smiled in a thin, toothy manner and he lowered one hand to her shoulder in reassurance. “I suspect you’re wiser than most suspect,” the Aquila praised, and then released her after a squeeze. “Do what you must. I will not speak of your absence to him or anyone; I’ll ensure this pup and your animals are tended to.” Ezekiel took two steps from her, paused, and turned. “Be careful, Zana,” he warned her gravely, amber eyes gleaming. “If you do not return I can only assume the worst. We will not come for you.” It would risk her safety as well—something that he could not allow.

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread