Don't Blame the Moon
[html]
Word Count :: 602 Mrr I can understand if you don't want to continue this. xD

The unlikely quartet walked along the road, the horse huffing with the weight placed on its thrush-inflicted hooves, one wolf on either side and the cat trotting in front of them with white tail raised like a flag. Luckily, the journey was not a particularly long or arduous one, and only half an hour passed when they came to the camp. Levent reached up to grab the gelding’s halter as it strained its ears toward the sounds of the gypsies moving and breathing and watching the dying fires. His nostrils flared with the scent of the nomadic people and their food and wares, and he was fighting off the urge to investigate when Drakien informed him that he would have to stay behind.

The brown wolf only shrugged in understanding, watching the taller male move past the wagons for the tents. Then he sighed loudly and nearly jumped at the weight of the cat standing on his foot. He glanced down at Wilson with brow quirked, but the feline was looking at the wagons and fires silently.

“Makes me miss the normal trade routes,” he mewed finally, and Lev chuckled.

“Makes you miss the food,” he teased, and the cat purred. Blue eyes grew slightly more somber as the merchant patted the bay’s dark shoulder. “Once we have this poor creature taken care of, arkadaş, I promise we can head back with a group on our old trails. It’s just easier to be alone sometimes, y’know, the two of us.” He grinned down at the white tom. “Less people who want to eat you, for instance.”

Wilson agreed then started to list off and complain about all of the wolves and dogs and jackals that had ever looked at him funny; the pair chattered in this fashion until the silvery-rust shape of the Ethiopian wolf appeared, coming out from the wagons with a pot and a couple other small bundles. These he offered to Levent, explaining their purpose, as the horse sniffed the oat bag and attempted to thrust its head into it.

Smiling sadly at the emaciated equine, Levent accepted the medicines—but did nothing to pocket them or set them aside. He only held them, staring at them intently, deep in thought, and looked up with dark ears falling back and blue eyes growing pensive. “I am grateful, Drakien, and you have a good heart. But—I must ask more of you anyway.” He looked sincerely sad for a moment, which caused Wilson to paw at his leg with concern, but he shook his head at the cat then back at the gypsy hesitantly.

“You probably don’t need another mouth to feed, another beast to look after, especially one in as poor condition as this one. I just… I don’t think I have the means to look after Umut like he deserves. It’s only—only the two of us.” One paw gestured at Wilson. “I didn’t know if you would be willing to look after him until he recovers, efendim, and I can understand not wanting to.” He frowned and scratched the back of his head, rubbing the cloth around it. “I’m just not sure what else I can really do other than beg.”

It took a lot to admit this. Levent knew it would be difficult to part with an animal he’d bonded with, but especially one as in need of treatment as Umut. He trusted Drakien to be kind, however, and at least consider the offer rather than deny the horse a place to recuperate right off the bat. It was only a matter of the Romani’s resources…

table and manip by raze; template by kitty

<style>
.Kadencat p {padding:5px 15px 10px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px; }
.Kadencat b {font-family:verdana; color:#9b9db4; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Kadencat t {font-family:verdana; color:#9b9db4; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Kadencat w {font-family:verdana; color:#eae7e7; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Kadencat {background-color:#50504a; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#242421; width:480px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/x4DMp.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:400px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #58604f; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; line-height:16px; }
.Kadencat .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana;font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #58604f;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread