[M] The Next Generation
[html]
WORD COUNT: 348
Information on willow bark can be found here. Bad, Tal. :< Tryin' to drug the puppies.
And for those who are too lazy to read all of that, Willow Bark is the same thing as Asprin. Not good for little ones and not at all recommended for children under the age of sixteen. Bad for nursing/pregnant ladies. Silly Taliesin, learn yo facts boy. ♥

He came on call and she took a moment to smile at him as he entered, that worried look on his face seeming almost cute; had he not been there for Liam's birth? The fear ebbed away with that comforting squeeze of hands and she sighed through her nose as another contraction hit. Only a minute apart. Just like the first time, only now the pain wasn't so bad... and she wasn't bleeding. Yet.

He suggested willow bark as he felt along her belly, and she shook her head. "Ngh... No, no willow. Bad for the pups. Effects... effects the milk. Besides, I can handle the pain." It was natural this way and willow bark could effect the puppies too. The salicin in it wasn't good for young ones and though she could take it fine on a normal day for pain relief, the pups wouldn't be allowed any until they could at least shift. Simple as that.

She made a note to further his knowledge in herbal remedies later. Willow bark for a pregnant or nursing mother? Not a good mix.

"...water. Water, blankets... towels. I.. I can handle the rest. Just... just stay near, okay?" Her hand clenched over the one she still held as another contraction hit. Fifty seconds? Something like that. Soon... almost time to push. Almost... almost... "Go get..." Breath. "...the thingies." She waved her free hand towards the shelves on the far end of the room, where she stored cloth and the like. The water could wait; it wasn't for the pups. It was for her afterwards, to rehydrate. The pups would be lucky enough to get a traditional tongue bath.

...yum.

Fella took notice of the strange cat after a few seconds of watching the two parents-to-be and his instant reaction was to chase her away. He hissed and lept down, more acting to earn her attention away from the birthing parents and towards him. He'd be helpful that way, right?

...she was kinda cute, actually. The patchy fur was a nice touch. A bit small for his taste, but cute.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread