are you wasting away in your skin?
She watched as a woman crossed over to her position, her cold blue eyes unreadable. Her posture was neutral, tending towards semi-dominant although not challenging to the approaching woman. Her semi-dominant posture was a habit left from the lands of Catalyst, where she was the favored pupil of the leader. As the woman spoke, Willow cocked her head, her eyebrows raising in a somewhat curious fashion. Her gaze was not on the speaker, however, but the red marked feline at her side.

After a moment, she turned her gaze to the woman. "I am but a wanderer, miss. I was reminiscing about the family I once had. We had a cabin nearby, but it's nothing but ashes now. I smelled the pack, and then came across this tree." Her gaze again drifted to the butterfly, then turned to the name carved into the bark, the family name. She waved to it, a gesture that almost seemed dismissive, except for the taut muscles under her silky fur. Her blue eyes were hard points of sapphire now as she returned her gaze to the woman. "I am Willow Soul. Is Taliesin Dir Rhiannon still residing in this pack land?"

She waited for the answer, her body seeming at ease, but prepared for anything to happen. She had been trained as a fighter, an assassin. She looked sweet, but her soft smile and gentle curves hid the killer under her fur. The only thing that might betray her sudden anxiety and anger was the way her hand lifted to stroke the raven feather that was braided into her auburn mane, the soft down of it stroking her cheek the same way the male who gave it to her had stroked her cheek.

Her gaze again dropped to the feline sitting at the woman's side, her hand falling to reassure herself that her belt was still there with it's pouches of miscellaneous trinkets and her small daggers. And then she was still, her icy blue gaze watching the woman and her cat. The sun shining overhead was a direct contrast to the cold the Soul woman felt inside as she thought of the devastation Taliesin had left behind him one day. The heartache of Kira, the sudden unrest of the pack. No one ever found out it was actually Azza who had murdered Liadain. No one knew that Tal had fled to protect the other two. All they knew was one pup had been killed and two went missing, leaving behind a distraught mother, Willow's former lover.

((WC: 423))

Messages In This Thread