are you wasting away in your skin?
Her cold blue eyes watched the woman's reactions, feeling a jolt of pain for her sister in law. Pity filled her gaze as she watched the D'arte woman try to deny the truth that she so plainly presented to her. The brief explanation of what happened sent a fresh jolt of sorrow through the Soul woman. "I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Sorrier yet that it was Liam who caused the pain. Taliesin used to be a good big brother to me, before he and Noah abandoned me. It broke my heart to hear what he had done to Kira, how he left her broken hearted. I never thought she could really love, until they became mates."

Her continued denial made Willow shake her head, the raven feather caressing her cheek. "Sky... I'm sorry, but it is true. His betrayal of Kira put the whole pack into shock. We always thought he was just a scholar. At least they did. After he and Noah abandoned me, I wondered what he was capable of. And then he showed to us what he could do. He murdered his own daughter, my niece."

She glanced at the feline, then back to Sky. "Everyone else can see it too, if others have tried to tell you he's evil. Its a pity he took after his father so much. Mother was always a gentle soul, though a bit loose with her affections." Not that I'm any better, Willow. Souls sultry voice sounded in her mind, reminding Willow of the various trysts that she couldn't quite remember. She vaguely remembered the original tryst with Odadio, the one that caused the rift. She'd played a game with the male, a deadly game of wits. If she'd won, she would have been given a prize beyond measure. But he had won, and she had lost her maidenhood and her soul to the male. She couldn't remember the actual event, only that she woke up with his weight on her, a pain between her legs, literally.

She pulled herself from her inner recollections, her cold blue gaze on her sister in law. It was funny, when she was little, before she was sent away, she had an older sister, Colibri. They'd shared a father, and their father's looks, and their father's mate's disdain and outright hatred. Then she had been taken to Michigan, and her brothers had abandoned her. She'd longed for a sister, a family, anything but the loneliness of being the unwanted ward of the leader. And now she had returned, and she was still unwanted. She was sure Taliesin's mate wished she hadn't answered the call, hadn't met her or spoken to her. Perhaps she would have been happy. At least until the day Taliesin resumed the pup murdering that had caused him to flee from Catalyst.

((WC: 472))

Messages In This Thread