drifting and melting
The footsteps came as little surprise. She drew in a soft but deep breath as the scent came to her, followed shortly by the soft voice. Augustus. She turned her head so she could see him. She swallowed before speaking. "I am fine. I just had a restless night." She gave him a smile that was meant to be reassuring. "What are you doing up so early, Augustus?" Of course, she knew of his early rising habits. Most of her preferred work couldn't be done without light and a clear dry day. There were few herbs one would want to gather to store when they were wet, so she stayed up late watching the skies, then slept in late.

Her mind drifted back to the dream, a sequence of memories, followed by a terrifying vision. The healer in her studied the nightmare form all angles, searching for a meaning to it. No matter how she looked at it, the meaning was pretty clear. 'Look at everything you had that was taken away from you by Lucifer. Beware that he doesn't take anything else from you from beyond the grave.' But why was Willow there? She had been lost in Michigan, lost to a rival pack. Not only that, but she was smaller than her brothers.

perhaps, despite the obvious meaning, it was just a dream, an unpleasant one that was best soon forgotten. She brought herself out of her reverie to look at Augustus. "I am glad you overcame your prejudice against Luperci like myself. This pack would be a poorer place without you in it." She offered him a smile again, hoping to turn the subject away from herself and her uneasy sleep.
((WC: 284))

Messages In This Thread