drifting and melting
As he touched his muzzle to her fur, she nuzzled him in return, thankful for such a good friend. He was a wordy one, but she didn't mind so much. She watched him, and listened. "Keeping an eye on one's neighbors is a good idea, really. Especially with the coyotes just twenty miles south of us. I often walk that way myself while I'm watching for winter herbs. Just along our border, mind you. I don't think it hurts to know who is around us, who's been near our borders." She smiled at him. At his words, she laughed. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I read that somewhere once, and have yet to find it to prove falsely."

She nodded as he spoke about New Dawn feeling like family. And then he had a question for her. She would have been taken aback, but Budha had once asked her the same question, along with others. "Shifting doesn't hurt, per say. It's really just a strange feeling. And it looks so much worse than it feels. It took a while to get used to it, but I had Soran helping me adjust to shifting. The part that always weirds me out is when my bones start lengthening to adjust to a taller form. They make strange noises then, but it doesn't hurt."

She wondered if he was considering becoming a luperci himself, or if he was asking just to ask. "If you have more questions, Augustus, feel free to ask. I have no problem sharing my wisdom or personal experiences with anyone who asks me. I never have." Her tone was warm, gentle, and inviting. She genuinely meant her offer, too. Just as she had spoken at length about the luperci and debunked many of his untrue beliefs about them, she was more than willing to do the same for Augustus, her brother of the pack.

((WC:320))

Messages In This Thread