drifting and melting
As he asked what reading was, she thought for a moment before explaining it. "Reading is kind of hard to explain. There are symbols, and each symbol has a certain meaning. And then the symbols are put together, they...

Okay. Here."
She paused, using a paw to scratch out a few letters. "These letters form a word. A. U. G. U. S. T. U. S. Augustus." She gestured to each letter with a paw as she spoke. "I was taught from a young age to read, and my adopted father started my learning with my name. D.E.U.C.E." Again, she scratched out each letter to demonstrate.

"When you learn to read, whole worlds can open up to you. You can learn about the humans, or about how they perceived wolves. You can learn a new way to do something, like building better shelters. When I was the shaman of Phoenix Valley, we used our knowledge to repair our houses, our human dens, and to build boats incase the coyotes attacked us.

Or you can use reading for pleasure. There are volumes upon volumes of poetry, old human fables, romance stories, war stories, anything you can imagine they wrote something about."

She grinned at the male, her tail wagging. "It is my pleasure to teach. I am glad to find someone willing to listen to an old woman like me.' She winked at him, her tail wagging gently.

((WC:236))

Messages In This Thread