White Tide Jetsam
She had been admiring his bravado in slumbering in such a wild, far-away part of the world, but she had to settle for admiring his gumption to admit it had been a mistake. She tried not to let a flicker of amusement show, but it was quite something to see him flinch back against the tree's bole with alarm at her subtle entrance. Oh, she was such a ghoul at times: almost a vampire of the emotions of others, excepting her beneficent nature. She flopped back onto a small heap of snow triumphantly, giving him distance to recover and pushing her cold toes nearer to the embers. "I am sorry." She had two things to apologise for: missing her appointment at the last moon, and the shock she'd given him by turning up so unexpectedly this time. "I was detained, against my will… by no other than Pestilence… and War." She shot him a dark, meaningful look, tilting her jaw to show him the new scar that split her lower jaw in two. How ironic that her scourges tallied with two of the Horsemen: she knew she hated horses for a reason. "You should be warned, as you are in my company, I expect Famine and Death to follow at any minute." She heaved a melodramatic sigh. "We should perhaps make this encounter a short one." But the way she laced her fingers comfortably around her knees and bent her face to the re-kindling flames, it seemed more likely she was settling in for more of a rest and recuperation from her long walk than making any plan to leave immediately. It was just word-play: if anything, Famine had already struck her from birth - her build was nothing but that of a starveling. And Death? Well, Skoll had thought her a ghost from the first. Perhaps He had already taken her too.

Messages In This Thread