White Tide Jetsam
Two words. Two words, greedy for so much more in return. What happened? Caspa blinked into the flames, arranging everything in chronological order as she had been taught by her historian lecturer, explaining the best way to recount a story. One of the more valuable lessons from her youth.

"The Court went to war with a Western pack," she paraphrased. "They raided our lands and took hostages. They were opposed to hybrids and dogs," she added, shooting Denver a meaningful look. "Lives were lost when we invaded, but their new ruler is supposed to be reasonable enough and hopefully, the racist sentiment is gone for now…" She tailed off, reminded that she still had not met the woman. Not that she'd met the old leader, either. Really, she had blindly followed her King in all this matter. It was a good job she trusted him implicitly, and her soul was one that yearned to prove itself.

"Then I was taken in by a criminal slave trader, like a fool. She led me away from the pack and almost killed me in the woods. I will hunt her down," Caspa promised. "She is mad, though, so may not last long enough for me to find her." But Caspa wasn't entirely sure of this. She had been the one to attack Amy, in actual fact. But the dog needed killing: it was as simple as that.

She racked her brains but nothing else that might concern Denver came to mind. Aside from the obvious. She had met others of his land, and gleaned nothing but suspicions from their company. She did not wish to volunteer this information so easily, though. It would gain her nothing: Denver was under some kind of oath of loyalty, and ever reluctant to reveal details of his packmates. She would return the favour, so it would be up to him to relent first. But perhaps his guard had relaxed a little since their last meeting. She would test the waters.

The fire was a companionable blaze now. "How can I be your messenger to a pack I know nothing about?" she teased gently. "Perhaps this would be a good moment for you to give me your Northern news, if you have any." She kept her tone casual, her palms soaking in fire heat and eyes drinking in the flickering, mesmerising flames.

Messages In This Thread