White Tide Jetsam
[html]

weird pooooost

Denver could scarcely believe the tale, even as she wove it before him. He'd heard nothing of the intensity of the war. Salsola hadn't been touched, nor had it been involved in any way, and so his own involvement and interest had been limited. He'd been concerned, though, when Caspa hadn't arrived at their last meeting. He was thankful that her wounds were minor, and despite his failed allegiance to the Court, glad that it still stood strong. He couldn't truly hate the pack, not when it was home to one of his only friends, former home to Magnolia, and still home to her father. Denver hadn't liked Niro, it was true, but his grudge against the man mattered little now. "Which pack?" he demanded, wanting to know the name to avoid. The mutt rarely traveled south now, though, hard as it was to wind around and between the four northern packs just to get down far enough. He bothered little with travel lately, and had spent more time doing his duties as Confidant.

The wolfdog sat in silence as she regaled the rest of the story, his brows furrowing this way and that as he frowned between her and the flames. He warmed his own hands against the blaze as she talked of her captor, promising to end the criminal's life as she had nearly done to Caspa. "What's she look like? I'll kill 'er, too, if I see 'er," he swore, offering his allegiance to his pale, willowy friend, now scarred from a war that shouldn't have been. He couldn't believe that he had sat here idly while the southern packs had raged against each other. But had he known, would he really have gone? Denver scratched at his chin, leaning forward.

Icy blues melted in the firelight, and he took a heavy sigh as she requested news from the north. "I'm afraid it's nothin' so exciting," he offered lightheartedly, grinning for a moment to relieve the stress of the harsher subject. "Salsola's going strong, but most of us don't interact much with other packs," he shrugged, shifting his weight to move his feet into the warmth. They'd begun to tingle from the chill. "I've made a good friend here, though. A girl who moved here from the Court, too," he mentioned, talking freely of Magnolia for the first time since they'd begun their partnership. He would still not speak of her in terms of claim, since they were not truly together, but they spent an awful lot of time with one another. "Magnolia Takekuro's her name. She was born there, but I guess she didn't like it either," he finished with a shrug, glancing towards Salsola as if Maggie might come walking out just then, but he didn't. He almost wished she had.

"Besides that, nothin' but work. Sirius and Eris have made me a Confidant now, only a few notches below even them," he offered proudly, his voice lowered a bit, just in case. Sometimes it felt as if the trees had ears, and in Salsola, he could never be sure. "Maybe soon I can show you some 'o the land..." he trailed off, still unsure about this bit. Really, it wasn't much to look at, and Caspa would probably prefer the Court's landscape besides. Still, the urge to share with her was now persistent, since she had so recently almost lost her very life.

<style type="text/css">
.denver_bull01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.denver_bull01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.denver_bull01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.denver_bull01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2050/bullwhip01.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread