Bulletproof Moments
[html]

Their lives were certainly so close and yet so far from one another. Alder was even surprised that she knew of Anann, and yet there was such an obvious dislike for horses. In Alder’s mind there was no one else that knew as much about horses as Anann did. His own knowledge did not reach that of the once Courtier. It saddened him each time he thought of her, and of her horse Rem. Alder had been close to both of them. I am not much of a fighter, and avoid the training grounds. he spoke. It was amusing how their paths had almost touched so often, for a whole year even, and hadn't crossed till now. It is. Alder replied. He found that he loved the Court as much as he loved Crimson Dreams. He loved it for in his eyes the pack was Hawthorn and the herd, his brother Haven and those as honorable as their King.

Her question was one Alder was not always open to answering. He felt slight shame when he spoke of it, and that was enough for him to skirt around the center of his move. I came to live with my brother, Haven. I belonged to Crimson Dreams, my mother is the second in command there. I needed a change. Haven said I could live with him. he spoke with a shrug. Anu had told him that he needed to go, though her words had been kinder. But her shadow had been such a comfort for him, and he had struggled to understand that it had been a push from the nest so that he could soar in a new light. The meek and self conscious adolescent had needed to leave Crimson Dreams to find himself, and become self sufficient. It had worked, for he no longer looked to his mother for every answer to each problem that came his way.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread