i'm not gonna listen to what the past says
[html]

Anatole. He's gonna go angst off after this thread.

The fact of the matter was that Anatole’s entire personality had been carved out of the instinct and the lessons learned in the wild. He despised the unnatural and the peculiar, and saw sickness of the mind as an extension of such. A pack was only as strong as its members and to see such fault in Matteo placed him within the circle of those who needed to be taught. Claudius had once been such a person, but his ability to take command had risen him in rank within Anatole’s eyes. Because their leader valued him, so would the feral wolf that did not truly belong amongst these wolf-men.

He listened patiently to his cousin’s words, learning that there was a reason for the coyote’s arrival. Leaving a mate was not unheard of; he had seen many wolves do so and not by choice alone. Perhaps the woman he had been with before had been less valuable than the coyote; speculation was beyond him and so he did not stop to question why, only how. “I would have,” he said flatly, leaving the threat hang. Instinct demanded he kill the man. The will to remain as part of the pack denied such a thing. “He’s always seemed…wrong, to me. I had only met him once before; he isn’t like us.” Struggling to explain things, Anatole fell short. How could he describe what it was to know the rule of the wild and the instinct to conform to the pack?

<style>
#anatole-sun {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#anatole-sun p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#anatole-sun p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#anatole-sun .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#anatole-sun .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#anatole-sun b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#anatole-sun u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#anatole-sun b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread