i'm not gonna listen to what the past says
Ooooh ok! (WC: 312)

[html]
[/html] Claudius' eyes widened when Anatole said that he would have. The force behind the words sent a shiver up Claudius' spine. But after a moment, his expression turned to puzzlement. He would what? He would have left Gemma? Claudius hadn't realized that Anatole didn't like her so much. Claudius had never really thought ill of the girl; though, were this a stricter pack, she would have been reprimanded for being idle. When she first joined, she had not really emphasized her skills. What use was there in having a tribe member who didn't do anything?

Claudius frowned when Anatole spoke again. He had felt something when he had accepted them, but he hadn't thought anything of it. He had been suspicious, but they had given him their word and Claudius had thought that counted for something. Now, after seeing what Matteo did to his own cousin, Claudius wondered if he could have ever known and prevented this senseless violence.

"I never... told any... one... but... some pack... members from Anath-e-e-ema... the pa-ack... they left... were here looking... for them. I told them... I ha-a-ad... never... see-een the-em... before. Because... then it would put us in trouble with Anathema-a and we don't need... that..." He looked away for a moment, his hands itching to put his things away and spruce up his den a bit. "What... what seemed... off... about them?" Claudius, now remembering what Anatole had just said, intrigued him further. If they had left Anathema for some nefarious reason, then he wanted to know why and whether this was why they seemed ‘off’ to Anatole. They had told him they’d broken a law in Anathema, but he had should have asked more. Which law? Why? Silenly, he berated himself for his own stupidity. Now it was his fault that these horrible wolves were in his tribe and had hurt his family.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread