i like to pretend i'm burning bright
[html]

Tension faded at last from the male’s sable shape, and he introduced himself as Anatole as he took a seat in the snow. Mirroring his savior’s movements, the boy sat down as well and continued to look up at the male. Now that the scent of aggression and blood had faded somewhat and grown normal to the child’s nose, he could detect a somewhat familiar scent intermingled with Anatole’s—that of the Tribe, if he remembered correctly. Lady ’Lohi had smelled the same, anyway, as did curly-haired Frodo in the hills. The fact perplexed him slightly, but it was only another argument in favor of AniWaya’s goodness. Just because there was a bad guy for the leader, they’d done mean things to the Court and Crimson Dreams, but everything was good now.

The warning made Skoll scoff, but it was evident from the way his small body shuddered at the thought that he took the instruction seriously. It wasn’t very big, he mumbled, but it was really mean. He had been surprised by its ferocity, truly, especially compared to the docile cats that some of the luperci owned. He would never make the same mistake again, however, and he vowed so aloud: I won’t get eated.

He licked his sore nose again, the taste of dry blood metallic on his tongue, and then he tilted his head at the older male. You sure you’re gonna be okay, Mister Anatole? My big brother Liam’s a healer, he can stitch your face all up good. It was a really nasty claw mark, anyway. He hoped his own scratches didn’t need stitches; the sight of the needles and thread through the dummy bodies made him shudder.

<style type="text/css">
.skskl b {font-weight:bold; color:#702b19; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #b79031; }
.skskl p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.skskl {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#905c2c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HS0ne.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cba060; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.skskl p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.skskl p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread