Shot Through The Heart
[html]

I assumed that Vesper was in lupus form; if I’m wrong lemme know and I’ll fix my post.

A few stray sniffles trailed off through the forest, wandering to places the she-wolf would probably never go. Her thoughts were random and unfinished now, as if someone had snipped the frail threads that held her mind together. The insanity poked its ugly head up every now and again; she had felt it, and could feel it now. Her bi-colored eyes bounced around frantically, failing to focus on whatever they fell on. Her breathing increased in speed until it came in short, ragged spurts that expanded and collapsed her whole torso. Her heart beat at a rate that felt like a bird trying to fly with one wing. Her head swirled with nonsense until eventually…it all came to a halt.

Her head turned slowly, her nose beginning to sniff as she sought for the source of the noise that had just caught her attention. A smell drifted her way, one so familiar that she dared not wonder…but she couldn’t help it: Vesper? There were too many footfalls for it to be a bi-pedal canine, and the shadow that now approached her was too small as well. And then, stepping through the thicket of trees emerged a scarred face that had lately only visited Blind in her dreams. Her maw parted ever so slightly, as if she wished to speak, perhaps even greet her friend. But there was something different about Vesper’s demeanor that made her seem…distant; something wasn’t right, and it frightened Blind into silence. That, and the disbelief of even seeing her before her very eyes made Blind question if she were even truly awake.

But, just as Blind leaned toward the hybrid, she spoke something of not wanting to see her cry. Her voice held none of its usual lightness, and her eyes seemed…dead. In a moment, Blind shifted to her lupus form; her limbs shortened and her blonde hair shrunk back to the tuft on her forehead. Her tall ears swiveled back to lie against her skull, and she looked at the coywolf with mismatched, disbelieving eyes. She nodded dumbly in response to her remark, and then took a step forward, sniffing at the girl in hopes that her senses would believe what they were receiving. Then, in a gush of emotion, Blind let out a pained cry and lunged forward to press her body into the hybrid as it crumbled to the ground, tears spilling from her eyes once more. Nothing truly coherent escaped her lips, except for the quiet mutters of, Vesper…ohh…my Vessie…!

<style>
.blindy .ooc {font-style:italic;color:#d99f64; }
.blindy p {padding:3px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.blindy b {color:#d99f64; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.blindy {background-color:#443e33; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.blindy .text {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#967c59; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:427px; margin-top:-60px; text-align:justify; padding:-150px 0px 10px 0px; }
.blindy-border {width:427px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread