Shot Through The Heart
[html]

Haha aww ^^ I’m glad. I missed reading your posts too! You write so well it’s like candy for my brain lol.

Although Vesper’s questions were gentle and paired with comforting actions, Blind couldn’t help but shrink further against the coywolf. Soran was the only reason I stayed for as long as I did, she whimpered in response to her questions. I know it wasn’t the smartest of decisions…but I didn’t know what else to do. Every time I thought of you it just felt worse to stay in a place where I didn’t fit. Blind couldn’t bear to imagine the disappointed or even pained look on Soran’s face at the knowledge of her absence, but her words bore only truth. Soran was her sole motivation for staying, and it was a lonely existence regardless. After all, she was a higher ranking wolf in the pack and she had duties to attend to. She couldn’t babysit Blind all day, every day.

Vesper then wrapped a paw around Blind’s shoulders and the dark she-wolf offered a quick lick to the coywolf’s throat. But her closeness was only temporary, for Vesper’s next words started a memory into motion that was all too painful to take sitting still: A dark night many moons ago, Blind and her mother trudged through the snow, the young she-wolf bombarding her mother with questions about her past. Upon asking the question of whether or not they’d find a home and be with her father again, Rhia whirled around and stared at Blind with cold, hate-filled eyes. "No, Blind," she growled, "you are not going to see your father or your brothers and sisters ever again. Things can never go back to how they were, no matter how much I want them to."

Blind slithered away from the coywolf, her eyes wide with disbelief. It was true; things hadn’t gone back to the way they had been. Blind’s life had been a soup of chaos since the night her birth mother left with her, and the she-wolf felt as if she were falling…falling…never to land on her feet. After a moment of staring at Vesper’s paws, she muttered, Don’t…please. You have to know I wanted to take you with me…but with your own pack…and what you said before…No. No, we can make things better! Her large ears stayed flat against her head as she slowly stopped shaking, anger and a sense of flailing replacing her pain. She was about to lose a soul she had cared for like none other…and she felt as if there was nothing she could do about it.

<style>
.blindy .ooc {font-style:italic;color:#d99f64; }
.blindy p {padding:3px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.blindy b {color:#d99f64; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.blindy {background-color:#443e33; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.blindy .text {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#967c59; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:427px; margin-top:-60px; text-align:justify; padding:-150px 0px 10px 0px; }
.blindy-border {width:427px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread