Shot Through The Heart
[html]

Haha it’s okay, the more the better. *cracks knuckles* Get ready for some major emo-ness right here haha.

Blind stood still, her eyes locked on Vesper’s feet as the coywolf’s words hit her in nearly incoherent bursts. The last few words, however, she definitely caught, and her eyes then lifted slowly to meet her friend’s. Some wolf…some wolf? Is that all she thought of her? So when she told Blind that she was beautiful and special and someone dear to her…did she LIE? She wanted to say this…of course she did. But the dark wolf stayed quiet, desperately wishing she were that red cardinal fluttering away from its perch right now. She looked to the bird, her bi-colored eyes seeming to whine ‘Can I come with you?’

Her attention slowly redirected to the hybrid, her mouth parted but deprived of words…or at least any that would make sense. Her birth mother hadn’t been happy with her, heaven knows her father hadn’t been happy with her, and now someone she dared to think she might be in love with wasn’t happy with her…it was too much. Something broke inside Blind then, but it wasn’t her heart. She could feel the fibers of her mentality stretching until they severed like a torn tendon, fraying and leaking out through her being. The anger dissipated, and her limbs shook until she was forced to sit on the cold ground once more. Her head began to shake, however it was not a trembling shake, but rather a disbelieving one, as if she were trying to convince Vesper with her body that her thinking was flawed. But was it? Was the coywolf really as wrong as Blind wanted to believe? Perhaps she truly had committed some unspeakable terror, something whose ramifications she didn’t understand until it was too late. She had never lived in a pack before; perhaps leaving without a word was as taboo as trespassing. She didn’t know…she didn’t care. The one canine she wanted to share her life with was now chiding her very existence – what was the point of even existing if the one she wanted to share her life with scorned it? In Blind’s opinion, there was no point.

Is that truly what you think of me? she finally muttered, daring not to use her friend’s name. Am I truly some forbidden evil whose very presence threatens your own existence and happiness? Blind’s eyes fell and then lifted again as if dumping any bit of light from them on the ground. Those mismatched orbs were dead now, drained of purpose and understanding and joy. Her mind couldn’t form cohesive thoughts now, and though her former self might have protested and held her tongue, Blind then said, Maybe you should go then…I should be someone different…Leave, don’t put yourself in danger…I can’t stop you. But the words sounded funny, for their tone didn’t change and they were just a string of heavy musings. Words and thoughts failed to separate themselves until finally she spoke what she thought she’d never say to anyone: I care so much for you... And then her eyes closed, her head bowing in shame as if expecting to be scolded for such feelings.

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blindlight .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:right; font-family:verdana;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread