life collecting dust
[html]

Attack of the tiny uncle!! /sswm 339

Dejected as he was, Skoll did not even notice the other canine padding up behind him as he started to trudge away from the borders. The whine, however, made both gingery ears swivel back before he spun around in turn. He blinked as he stared at the other boy, older than him by a few months. He looked oddly familiar for some reason, and eagerly the pup’s green eyes took in the other’s appearance: light reddish fur partitioned like a husky’s, with a ridge of darker fur going between his ears. It reminded the boy of Niro and his dark Mohawk, kind of silly back then but decidedly cool now.

The spark at the memory of his half-sister’s mate gave the young prince pause, but rather than dwell longer on this fact, the sun pup listened to the other’s question. Quickly, he snorted, drawing himself up and curling his yellowish tail over his back like a proud malamute. He did his best to display his growing frame with confident dominance, but he was still young and still small next to the older boy.

“I’m lookin’ for bad guys!” Skoll Haskel declared. “A King gotta watch his borders!” Then he paused and squinted, coming closer boldly and all but pressing his nose against the other’s pelt. The scent he recognized, one that reminded him of his half-sister and her mate, one that niggled at his memory from when he was no more than a couple of months old.

“But you’re not a bad guy,” he decided after a moment, tail wagging. “You smell like Mara, and I like your hair.”

Then he paused, staring in amazement up into the other’s mismatched gaze: green and blue, two colors he never thought could coexist in one wolf’s face. “And I like your eyes!” the young wolfdog burst out, leaping around the older boy excitedly with a few yips. “I’m Skoll Haskel! Whatchyer name again?” He was sure he should know this, since the familiarity of this stranger was bugging him so much.

Image courtesy of blmiers@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.skolltab .padded {width:283px;height:156px; float:right; background-image:url(http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1332/skolltab.jpg); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.skolltab .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.skolltab p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.skolltab b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.skolltab {background-color:#ffc057; border:1px solid #FFFB99; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ad772f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:90%; text-align:justify; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:450px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread