rage against the sea [dnd]
[html]
Skoll Haskel
i need another story
something to get off my chest

my life is kinda boring
need something that i can confess

Even as he flailed his paws against the waves, alternately growling and whimpering as the water slapped him in the face and bounced around him, Skoll thought that he could hear a bark in the midst of the chaos. He managed to swirl around in a circle, staring in awe when he saw a ruddy, brown, and white shape fall from the higher cliffs on the other side of the cove. He yelped when he saw the creature drop into the water, terror clenching his chest as he thought he’d just seen someone die, and then a wave broke over his head and his only thought went to getting air again. He swallowed a gulp of seawater and paddled as hard as he could, trying to breach the surface, but he was so confused and his stinging eyes were squeezed shut and the water was mean and so cold!

The tides continued to toy with the child, pushing and pulling, eventually relinquishing their grip long enough for the cub to gasp for air. Green eyes squinted and blinked, and he was surprised when he heard a voice calling out to him. Was someone else there? He tried to yap, but more brine flooded his mouth and all he could do was cough instead.

“Sk-skkkk—” The golden wolfdog’s chest heaved for breath, his limbs exhausted from their constant fighting against the sea, but he managed to paddle his paws long enough to keep his head above water during the lull between the waves. “Skoll heeerree! I’m here!” he shrieked, not caring for his princely voice in the moment. Right now, it didn’t matter if he was the son of the King—he was terrified.

Word Count: 284
template by revo. <3

<style type="text/css">
.SecskollOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/3N4NM.png') #c88c5b no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ddd; border: 4px double #000;}
.SecskollTitle {text-align:right; font-size:32px; margin:5px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#d1581c; font-family: 'Delius Unicase';}
.SecskollSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; font-family:verdana;}
.SecskollInput {padding:10px; margin:5px; border:1px double #000; background:#e4d3aa; color:#5d513c; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.SecskollInput b {color:#d1581c; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.SecskollSubTitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000;}
.SecskollRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#d1581c; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread