rage against the sea [dnd]
[html]

I really fail. Really sorry I took so long with this. Some PP but unless Neela is going to give Skoll swimming lessons while he's drowning its needed ^.^

Word Count → 317

A spluttering voice called out to Neela from behind her and she acted instantly, changing course towards the voice. The articulation and tone of the voice indicated that the canine in trouble was, as Neela had first guessed, as puppy and this fact only spurred Neela on to swim quicker. Sea water was sloshing around in Neela's nose, throat and mouth from where it had crept past her lips and nostrils but she ignored it, forcing herself onwards.

All to soon but not quickly enough Neela reached the golden puppy, one arm snaking around its waist as she used the other to start paddling to shore, keeping the puppy high and out of the water wherever possible. Neela met a rocky outcrop before she met the shore but she accepted it gratefully, reaching out towards the rocks. While Neela was a strong swimmer being in such rough waters close to rocks made her nervous, the collie preferring open or calm waters, and this nervousness was proved earned as a wave slammed her against the rock, slicing open her palm.

Still Neela managed to keep the puppy from hitting the rock and she reached upwards, pulling herself and the puppy up onto the rocks and out of the relentless pounding of the waves. Spinning around to sit on the rocks Neela began to splutter, spitting out seawater and mucus as she cleared her throat and nose. With her throat clear Neela clutched the child to her chest, half burying the small puppy in the thick fur there and raining licks over its head, one hand gently reaching fingers around to his neck and chest to feel for breathing.

"I've got you, I've got you, you're okay." She murmured comfortingly to the young dog, wrapping him securely in a hug and planting her feet firmly against the rock, steadying herself until she and the puppy were ready to move.

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread