i gotta feeling.
[html]
Private for Jess, Erin, and (hopefully!) Shae. Backdated to the 20th; set at the welcoming feast. Just one quick post to account for everyone~ Remember, y'all can NPC Axle and Grit and PP Barry all you want ^^ I deliberately left some gaps so you can extrapolate whatever XD
meet me in outer space

When Axle first reported the activity north of Halifax, Barry was sceptical — he loved the guy, alright, but admittedly the dog's tales often ran larger than life. While the hyperbole made for more entertaining stories, he wasn't sure if it was worth investigating the alleged spectacle himself. A tent village, really? Only Grit's earnest confirmation and some vague concern over these new neighbours prompted him into action. He slipped away and followed their circuitous trails out of the city. What he found was astonishing: over a half dozen tents raised in a row, as many horses and other beasts of burden (some the likes of which he'd never seen) fenced in behind them, and several other tents actively being erected. He stood, mouth agape, when one of the merchants — apparently their ringleader — spotted him. Shit. His ears flattened instinctively.

"Ahoy, friend!" called the caped giant. "I'm afraid you've caught us with our pants down, the festival won't be ready until tomorrow's eve."

Whoever this guy was, he seemed friendly enough. The earth-toned loner chanced a few steps forward. I'd say you caught me, he quipped, tail wagging slowly. What is all this? he wondered.

The saddled wolf's features drew into a mild frown. "You haven't heard? I say... we are the Merchants of Vadoma — we bring the best of the world's treasures to your doorstep, and on the full moon we shall feast!" A pause. "That's the short version, anyway." A deep laugh rolled from his gut up into his chest and spilled into the afternoon air. "Didn't one of our messengers alert your pack?"

Barrett responded with a hesitant chuckle. Ah, can't say I'm in much of a pack, he stressed, but I bet the gang'll want to see this. Need a hand?

"Very well! Why don't you tell me of this crew of yours, and I'll introduce you to mine."

Early next morning found Barry shaking his head in disbelief. Gotta hand it to you guys, you did well — this is the real deal. Axle and Grit grinned knowingly from their front porch. Mahavites gave me a sneak peek at the goods... think we'll be able to snag a couple good deals, he continued. I wanna check inventory and see what we've got to work with. You know what I use; keep an eye out for nails, screws, any tools in better condition, whatever. And get yourselves something, too, eh? A grin. I'mma go tell the others what's up.

There was a distinct spring in his step as he trotted over to the building next door. He threw open the back door (typically the only one he used, since it was closest to the garage), strode through the kitchen into the foyer, and craned his neck as he looked up the stairwell. Anyone home?! he called, tail swaying impishly. He doubted anyone would be out already; it was still too early.

It was mid-afternoon by the time everything was organised and ready to go. Once he had everything loaded up into his pack, he got antsy — even best case scenario, it would take them several hours to reach the encampment and he didn't want to be late. He locked the door to the garage and leaned against it, eyes closed and mind reeling. Business this winter had been relatively slow, and this was exactly the kind of opportunity he was looking for: a chance to unload his older product, acquire some exotic goods without the hassle of a trip to Freetown, and get his name out on the market. He lit up a cigarette and waited; before long everyone gathered together and they set off.

It was easy to tell when they were getting close. The smell of fire and freshly cooked meat wafted their way on the cool winter breeze, and the crescendo of chattering voices grew dizzying as the tents came into sight. Barry grinned at his compatriots as he wove through the gathering crowds. He caught the tail end of Mahavites' invitation and pointed excitedly as the merchant disappeared back inside the tent. That's him; Mahavites! he told the others. Com'on, let's go grab a seat!

<style>
.barry-space-div{color:#000000;text-align:center;font-size:32px;font-weight:bold;font-family:'Sofia', cursive;}
.barry-space p {padding:8px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;font-size:11px; line-height:15px;}
.barry-space p:first-letter {font-size:20px;font-weight:normal;font-family:'Alex Brush', cursive;}
.barry-space b {text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #162025;color:#89c856; font-family: tahoma,sans-serif;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px;quotes:'“' '”';}
.barry-space b:before{content:open-quote;}
.barry-space b:after{content:close-quote;}
.barry-space {font-family: georgia,serif; color:#57b55f;text-align: justify; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... -table.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 350px 0px;width:100%;border:0;width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:700px; min-width:480px;-moz-box-shadow: 7px 7px 20px #111111;-webkit-box-shadow: 7px 7px 20px #111111;margin-top:20px;margin:bottom:20px;-moz-border-radius:15px;border-radius:15px;}
.barry-space .ooc {padding:0px; margin-right:20px;margin-left:20px;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px; font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:10px;color:#203D42;line-height:12px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread