in the slipping of the sun
[html]

Tlantli is by Alaine!

The honey-furred coyote cocked one large ear at his words, squinting her scarlet eyes at him. She did not understand -- his language was a curse, or he was forbidden to speak his languages curses? And curses -- well, that could mean a curse in terms of a hex, or it could mean the dirty and foul language prim and proper canines tended to avoid using. Before she could inquire, though, the golden man stooped to draw in the dirt, apparently an approximation of the world map. Tlantli tilted her head and peered down at them, her fascination growing steadily as she watched him doodle and listened to his explanation.

Map-drawing is rare skill, the woman observed, having encountered no canines with cartography talent in her time in Anathema and Salsola both. Such a long way to travel, too, she added, bending down herself to peer at the map. As she set her palms to the earth and supported some of her weight on them, the thorns buried deeper into her arms, though Tlantli did not wince. I cannot point where I am from on any map, she said, some disappointment creeping into her voice. But I can find it again -- nose and instinct, you know? Is the same with your Egypt? And -- your language, what do you mean, curse? She had nearly forgotten hear earlier inquiry.

<style>
#alaineCutaway {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#alaineCutaway p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#alaineCutaway p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#alaineCutaway .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#alaineCutaway .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#alaineCutaway b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#alaineCutaway u { text-decoration: underline; }
#alaineCutaway b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#alaineCutaway b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#alaineCutaway b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread