in the parish of space dust
[html]

(423) Aaaah, I might've overused technique, though -- didn't even realize I did it twice in one thread. @_@ But it's funny, yeah -- why would she know wtf these things are used for? XD Especially a Luperci not concerned with human culture/not a reader! I love your face. :3 Also -- they should find a clawfoot tub in one of these houses? c; Kinda powerplayed Salvia agreeing to move on; let me know if I need to edit, and I'll chop the last bits out.

The shed, possessing even less protection than the inside of the house, was more ramshackle. The dirt floor had few weeds and no grass, however -- with no sunlight, nothing would grow. Tlantli knew this instinctively -- the sun had not shone in here for many years, and now that they'd left the door open, the plants could reclaim this space as their own.

Salvia occupied herself with a bench, while Tlantli moved deeper into the small building, kicking gently at the disintegrating cardboard with one clawed foot. A box less exploded and more wilted with even that small impact, revealing only moth-eaten rags. A few bugs scurried away from her as she leaned over the box, poking with one tentative finger through the rags. Humans had kept sharp things in all manner of strange spaces, and she did not wish to lose a finger.

The clink and tinkle of small metal bits caught her ears' attention, however, and she soon stood, convinced there was nothing of value in the corner pile. The woman turned her crimson gaze back toward her niece and peered over approvingly. Good find, she said, rather simply, before turning back to looking over the remaining contents of the shed. The far corner was a tangle of unidentifiable metals and plastics, likely melted together with the summer's heat. Tlantli figured they wouldn't find much else in here, and as the space was not so large, she slid past the woman and peered around the backyard.

Her big coyote's ears flickered and listened to the sounds of the world. She heard no approaches, which was good -- they had come across items of small value, and while they were not irreplaceable, Tlantli did not wish for some tramontane to happen along and ruin what they'd accomplished. To be sure, there was more to gain here, but there was no sense starting over. Tlantli was confident in the combined abilities of herself, Salvia, and Miqui to defend their goods, though.

I am going to the next promising house -- I'll give the bucket to Miqui. Tlantli didn't think there was much doubt in Salvia following along, but she waited a moment anyway, only moving to the house when it seemed the blonde coyote would follow. She moved back through the house, leaning to grab her find so she might bring it to Miqui and the cart. When she stepped through the front door and towards him, he smiled and said nothing, nodding idle approval at the items.

Tlantli is by Kitty!

<style>
#tlaKitty {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#tlaKitty p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#tlaKitty p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#tlaKitty .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#tlaKitty .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#tlaKitty b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#tlaKitty u { text-decoration: underline; }
#tlaKitty b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlaKitty b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlaKitty b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread