new car, caviar, four-star daydream
[html]
Private for Marie with Imhotep. I figured I'd get this up right away since I'm hoping it can be backdated to yesterday afternoon/evening, the 21st. Let me know if that's not ok :3
meet me in outer space

All things considered, Barry was pretty pleased. In one day he'd blown through most of the goods he had on hand, but he had a respectable haul to show for it. The bow and sharpening stones hadn't come cheap, but as they'd provide endless hours of entertainment and countless instances of utility, he found the purchases worthwhile. As an added bonus, the AniWayan instructor had taught him how to maintain the finely crafted device and how to make his own arrows for free. Back to Rie's tent he'd gone; unfortunately, although the smaller, simpler stone tools weren't as valuable as the heavy sharpening blocks, he had a rough time convincing the European to accept the same wares twice. He supposed this problem would only get worse as the market flooded with his product over time. He wasn't particularly concerned, though, since he already had most of what he wanted from the main traders' tents.

He was particularly proud of his trade with Sydney: for simply sharing the secrets of his lightweight greenhouse construction and the vodka recipe (the latter ironically acquired on a trip to Freetown), he was gifted with some dozen varieties of seed. None of the vegetables did much for him, but they would be useful next spring. Jøren ate like — well, a horse. And after seeing some chickens and learning of their benefits (basically that garden pests in equalled fertiliser out), he knew he'd be looking for some once the weather warmed up. They wouldn't be of much use at the moment and he obviously didn't have any food stockpiled for them in advance (much less a coop), but he was satisfied with the idea — and making preliminary preparations — for now.

The only thing left to do was pick up some hardware. If not for Lilin's irresponsible spending, he would've had it already — but he supposed the useless beads and nicknacks she'd bought instead constituted an acceptable 'loss' so long as she kept her mouth shut. Her and Ulilohi palling around was still uncomfortable for him, and it was with some sense of relief he'd left the AniWayan tent behind. Soon he'd be leaving the whole congregation. Apart from a some tanned furs and a little opium, he had nothing left. It was time to restock — plus he was sick of hauling around the rocks. If he'd known, he would've brought Jøren along, but he'd been worried the draught horse might get stolen or lost in the chaos.

For now, he simply took a seat on a split log bench near one of the main thoroughfares and watched the countless individuals wandering by. Exhausted as he was, he still felt a sense of excitement taking it all in. It was almost a shame he'd have to head out once he caught his breath, but he knew he'd be back before long.

<style>
.barry-space-div{color:#000000;text-align:center;font-size:32px;font-weight:bold;font-family:'Sofia', cursive;}
.barry-space p {padding:8px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;font-size:11px; line-height:15px;}
.barry-space p:first-letter {font-size:20px;font-weight:normal;font-family:'Alex Brush', cursive;}
.barry-space b {text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #162025;color:#89c856; font-family: tahoma,sans-serif;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px;quotes:'“' '”';}
.barry-space b:before{content:open-quote;}
.barry-space b:after{content:close-quote;}
.barry-space {font-family: georgia,serif; color:#57b55f;text-align: justify; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... -table.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 350px 0px;width:100%;border:0;width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:700px; min-width:480px;-moz-box-shadow: 7px 7px 20px #111111;-webkit-box-shadow: 7px 7px 20px #111111;margin-top:20px;margin:bottom:20px;-moz-border-radius:15px;border-radius:15px;}
.barry-space .ooc {padding:0px; margin-right:20px;margin-left:20px;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px; font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:10px;color:#203D42;line-height:12px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread