Give us rest.
[html]

Word Count → 809

Not much of the talkative sort, she was, but Liliya could understand that given her own tenancy for privacy and all that. The girl didn't give her a lot in return to all of her chatter, but then again why would she? Well, maybe because she was a Salsolan, and because Salsolans were the only true canines. Everyone else was without a soul – or so Eris had taught. She couldn't expect someone without a soul to understand.

Still, soul or not, the woman was determined and a hard worker. Liliya watched as the woman set a goal and went about achieving it. She was a little surprised when she disappeared, leaving Liliya alone with her kills. Then again, Tawny didn't have much of a choice if she wanted to get her tools, and it's not like Liliya could just take off with a dead horse and mountain lion, so when the girl returned Liliya was waiting patiently for her, using the deceased horse for her chair.

She kind of liked the soulless girl. She didn't say much, certainly nothing that didn't need to be said, and by the looks of it she worked hard, earning her keep in this world. Her eyes trailed after her as she secreted her tools, and when she saw her move toward the horse she stood up and moved out of the way. The Russian stood over the woman with her arms crossed, watching everything she did with rapt attention. When the woman made it out like she hadn't heard about the festival Liliya blanched.

“Vhat? You mean you have not heard of eet? The festival, the festival,” she repeated it slowly like she thought her accent was the problem, but Tawny had repeated her just fine. “You are not zhat far away from vhere is at.” She gestured with her hand, pointing in the basic direction of the festival. “Merchants send out invitation to pack, say they vhant us to come look at their stuff. Supposedly have big festival!” she gestured wildly with her arms, indicating something huge “Say it vhill last a month and vhill have everything you could need. My pack, we like to trade and I need supplies, much better to trade withs stupid merchant than use up pack resource.”

She still was searching for something in Tawny's face as though to say, 'oh yeah, that festival, but was never relieved. Finally she shook her head and said, “Vhell, there is one.”

The next thing the brown one did utterly surprised her, Liliya's gray eyes again widening with disbelief. She had the horse partly gutted when she began to concentrate, and then she saw the small tell-tale ripple of muscle that began the change. Was she really just going to transform right there in front of her? Most Luperci she knew shifted in private. Even those that weren't bothered by having their intimate moments witnessed wouldn't have trusted a stranger to see, for there were always proprietary moments, no matter how quick, that left one extremely vulnerable.

Yet change she did, and into her bulkier Secui form. She watched her take hold of the carcass and pull it away, and finally she took the initiative. The soulless one was working hard and all she had done was stand over her and watch. Liliya was not a lazy woman, but the girl hadn't asked for help, either. Moving to the rump of the beast, she set her hands on the haunch and shoved, helping her make it over.

Brushing her hands off, she looked at the young animal again. It had quieted, but the fright hadn't really left its eyes. She considered the woman's argument for a moment. “Vhell, I vhould be afraid if I saw my mother keeled. But that is just dumb horse, it doesn't know the difference. It probly forgot already.” She was adamant on reputing the beast's intelligence.

“Vhell, anyway, this big job for you. Maybe if you vhant, I help, and we can take to merchant festival and split profit. Vhat do you say?” She raised a brow. It had to be a tempting offer since this job was actually even bigger than the both of them. “I am fisherwoman and cook so I know my vhay around a knife, I can help skin and carve. Then we vhill hide it and carry it over, take many trip. Maybe we buy more sacks to carry meat with after first trade.” Sometimes she sounded like she was 'just suggesting,' but mostly she was telling Tawny what would be best. Still, she did leave the decision to her.

“Buyingk the way, I am Liliya Russo,” she stressed her surname as though it were a great honor to be a Russo. And it was. “I am from Salsola pack.”

Image from Englaender. Table code by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliyacait .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.liliyacait p {padding:5px 5px; margin:5px; text-indent:35px;}
.liliyacait b {color:#96e398; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.liliyacait {background-color:#44554a; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2q2gtgh.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a6c6b1; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:440px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000;padding:5px 0px 325px 0px;}
.liliyacait .inner {margin:0px 10px 300px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(); border-color:#b39573;}
.liliyacait .wordcount {color:#d6efdf; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #86968b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread