Give us rest.
[html]

Word Count → 577

A bit of a new kind of smile came to Liliya's muzzle as the girl reached for the other knife and held it out to her. Well, this would be profitable indeed, and the proud Russian couldn't help but feel good about herself having found a way to work this situation in Salsola's favor. Tawny had already begun the brunt of the work on the pony, and if she started putting her hands in there she might just slow down the operation, so she moved over to the corpse of the cat and rolled it from its side onto its back. She knelt down next to it and inspected it for a moment.

“You vhent ape sheet on it,” she said, frowning. “There are lots of stab marks in pelt.” She prodded at one of the open gashes. “But vhe can cut it off anyway and see vhat we get for it. Probly more like sell to tailor for patches and scrap, or cloak lining. Vhill not be makingk any good rugs.” She chuckled softly and then shoved the skinning knife into the belly, and just as Tawny had with the mother pony, she sliced the animal from chest to groin, then began peeling back the skin and slipping the knife in to carefully separate the connective tissue.

“You know how to cure skin, or you just sell it raw?” She asked, but never looked away from her work. “Vhat you do with zhat part, anyvay?” She flicked the knife towards the horse guts, little red spats of blood flinging off the blade and dotting the snow. “Intestine make for good sausage casing. My mother could make good treat with eet.”

She did finally look up from the skinning as the smaller pony began to ease itself forward. “See? It doesn't care. Is only afraid of smell, like you say. Eet's valkingk over to you vhile you cut up eet's mozher!” This was riot and she couldn't hold in the laughter as it erupted from her belly. This scared the creature and made it back away a few steps.

“I not bringk any of my supplies, did not think I vhould need them, this scouting mission. Too bad, usually carry rope. Could lasso it and take it to market too.” She was talking to the feline corpse again. The skin was completely flayed from the belly now, so she peeled it back and rolled the animal over to have a better angle on the rest. “If you has some sort of tool like pliers vhe can get teeth and claws off this, sell it to weird-o's at market for jewelry and spells and junk.” She shrugged. She wasn't much into the spiritual mumbo jumbo that many were, but she wasn't against capitalizing on it, either.

Several minutes later she rolled the naked meat away and laid a furry skin on the snow, gore side down so it could cool. They weren't far from the festival so they didn't run the likelihood of the skins spoiling – that would take weeks in this cold, dry weather – but still every precaution was good. She walked over to Tawny, looking at her progress.

“Vhenever you are ready, I vhill help carve. You know, vhe could wrap the meat up in the skins and use them as makeshift sack. Get more done on first trip 'til we have more packs."

Image from Englaender. Table code by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliyacait .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.liliyacait p {padding:5px 5px; margin:5px; text-indent:35px;}
.liliyacait b {color:#96e398; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.liliyacait {background-color:#44554a; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2q2gtgh.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a6c6b1; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:440px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000;padding:5px 0px 325px 0px;}
.liliyacait .inner {margin:0px 10px 300px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(); border-color:#b39573;}
.liliyacait .wordcount {color:#d6efdf; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #86968b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread