Unwanted, unneeded
[html]

(321)

Tlantli is by Alaine!

Tlantli had not been isolated from religion as her brothers had been. Even in their isolation, Miqui and Imacai had absorbed bits and pieces of the Atototzli religion from Tlantli, who had adopted her own bastardized form of it. She did not adhere to the books, she did not respect the priests, and she would be her family's salvation from such falsehood. Her practices were purer, stripped of all the pomp and show of the Xochitl and Mamexi.

The tawny woman's smile was faint, but her answer was genuine. My uncle -- half-brother, really, but more my uncle -- was a false priest. He value his priest-status more than family, and he was a danger to my siblings and me. When she was young, Baphomet was a danger, certainly -- now Tlantli did not think so. My father -- again, half-brother -- sent me and my brothers away to keep us safe from him. Baphomet stood for the extinguishing of the Kimaris line, Tlantli was sure of this. Mete had not seemed certain what his brother's end was, but the flaxen-haired woman had spent long nights ruminating over this. Whether it was truly his intent or not, this was what he stood for, and this made him her nemesis. Danger, indeed -- perhaps Mete had understood, in a way, and he'd sent her off to grow and become strong.

My father think he would have made priests of my brothers and a slave of me, she offered. He had done just that for Xochime, but the tawny hybrid would not reveal her sister's secret without good cause. The woman squared her shoulders, huffing a sigh. The madness false belief can bring, she said, though this was uttered in a flippant rather than morose or mourning tone. The hybrid's mouth twisted into a smile and she nodded her head toward her companion. You know something like this thing?

<style>
#tlantliAlaine {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#tlantliAlaine p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#tlantliAlaine p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#tlantliAlaine .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#tlantliAlaine .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#tlantliAlaine b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#tlantliAlaine u { text-decoration: underline; }
#tlantliAlaine b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlantliAlaine b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlantliAlaine b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread