come out of your shell
[html]
For some reason this crap post took me forever to write, and I forgot if this was still what we'd decided on doing, so... Just PM me if I need to change stuff. /+3

The dark-furred woman responded defensively to his question, and a faint scowl pulled on the Labrador mutt’s face. A loud whinny and the flying legs of the bay seemed to change her stance immediately, however, and her expression grew pitiful as she entreated him to help.

Wayne chuckled lightly. Honestly, even if she had treated him like dirt, he might have helped just for the sake of the horses. But he was glad to assist someone in need; after all, good deeds were part of Casa di Cavalieri custom, motivating him in addition to the southern manners he was raised with.

When she brightened and agreed with his suggestion, quickly hurrying for the gate to the next paddock, the wolfdog nodded then surveyed the horses. The woman spread her arms wide in an attempt to get the horses to turn into the new paddock, and he contemplated hopping onto one of the Casa mounts to help. However, he didn’t have his rope and usual tack with him, and bareback riding would not be easy in this case even if the horses were trained for it.

A shout broke through his thoughts, and he grunted in agreement before adjusting his cowboy hat and began to trudge through the herd. Another canine might have balked at the chaos of the pen, but he had dived into more insane situations in his life. Keeping his posture tall and strong enough to be a deterrent for any equine wanting to run him over during this excitement, he spied the frisky stallion and the woman’s mare. They were coming along now, and he managed to lunge between them. The tactic wasn’t a polished one, and the male horse spooked, but Wayne was already speaking to him to get him to lower his hooves.

The bay, meanwhile, neighed and galloped back along with the swirl of other invigorated horses toward the paddock. He watched her among a few others run through, and then he got a better look at what was beyond the gate—

“Oh, for—” Wayne bit off his curse then raised his voice again, even as he sprinted for the wide-open gate. “That ain’t the right one!” he hollered, waving his hat in the air to get her attention. He cursed himself for not correcting her, for not more closely looking at the damn scenery; they were letting the horses free toward the rest of the festival goers!

<style type="text/css">
.waywa b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac6031; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b1e0c; }
.waywa p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.waywa {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#582b1d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bsmRV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 290px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a36c3b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread