come out of your shell
He rejected her offer in a mannerly fashion - at least at first. Then, the man's last addendum caught her attention and sparked a flashing light in her eyes. Wasn't sure what she could give him, indeed? "I hope you mean you already have everything you could want," she remarked, but this seemed unlikely. Who in these parts didn't have some kind of hobby, need, urge, habit or addiction to feed - only those that shunned the optime life to run wild and live simply, like nature intended, could be said to have no needs, and even they had to eat. "But if you think I'm lacking in gifts or talents to offer, well, I'd consider it quite an affront," she went on a little dangerously. At least partly because she was indeed short of worthwhile things to offer. If he wasn't a drinking man and he didn't have a girlfriend to decorate with her jewellery, anyway - Caprica really didn't have anything much else to offer than her brewings and trinkets: both lacking in practical use, therefore probably inferior in his eyes - they were even in hers, a little. But she would never look to do injustice to the bountiful wealth of her home, or let others think them paupers. Anathema was a stronghold of worth, and Caprica thought that as its representative she should represent herself the same.

Messages In This Thread