Never Grow Up
[html]

Word Count → 427 :: Out of Character text.

Sophie watched as the golden stranger grasped at straws, having the sudden feeling that she didn't actually know what the future held. Boothe didn't seem to rightly care, his ears laid back and his own stare quite demanding, though when Sophie nudged him hesitantly and attempted to speak, he turned it on her, as a sort of deterrent. She'd promised them a present, said it in front of a whole bunch of people, hadn't she? That meant they had to get something now. Sophie understood the look perfectly, and her own ears wavered atop her head, uncertain that was entirely true. It seemed awfully selfish, and she glanced around curiously, wondering what everyone else thought. They seemed to be waiting as much as the two puppies were.

With a little sigh, the female stood up, and began walking away, speaking to them over her shoulder. Sophie began following her, careful not to step on anyone's feet--though it was made somewhat easier, as the moment they saw her attempting to climb over them, they kindly moved out of the way. It was nice, sometimes, being a runt. Boothe followed close at her heels, his ears flattening at the blatant remark, and he let out a little huff, giving Sophie a look that clearly said, "I might share while she's around, but it's mine when we get home!" Sophie looked back evenly, and was able to watch his expression collapse into a manic grin that came across, in her mind, as hysterical giggles and the words, "Mine, mine, all mine!"

It scared her, sometimes, how easy it was to read his expressions. Especially because they often made her concerned for him; she thought he might have cracked, just a little, when their father left, the new-found freedom and Leon's unexpected leniency taking their toll on him. "Well," She thought, trotting dutifully after the golden wolf with a curious tilt to her head, "If it'd make him happy to have some'in all to himself, I can give him whatever this is." She still felt bad for making the woman give them anything at all, though, and after a moment, when they'd left the tent behind, she stopped, immediately speaking just after so she wouldn't get left behind. "Um...miss? We don' need any gift." She said, and as Boothe opened her mouth to object, added, "An' if my brother thinks we do he's just being a donkey-butt and you can ignore him." Earning herself a frosty glare and a small growl.

Boothe didn't appreciate being called names.

<style type="text/css">
.sophly .space {float:right; width:115px; height:260px;}
.sophly b {font-weight:bold; color:#ebf3f5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#352b37 1px 1px 2px;}
.sophly p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.sophly p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sophly .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ebf3f5; text-shadow:#352b37 1px 1px 2px;}
.sophly p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.sophly {width:485px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a19fc4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DujCo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#352b37; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread