Never Grow Up
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eofone.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 320px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

This was very new to her. Not taking care of children that were not her own, of course, but entertaining them for their amusement. As a pup, entertainment was often found on her own, finding small scavengers getting to the meat supply whenever the Nomads settled down for a night, or bothering the other pups into play fights and brawls. But when it came to keeping a smile on the little one’s faces, she was completely at a loss with very little experience to go by.

It looked well enough that her furs had provided something amusement for the pups as they sported their new coats while grinning at each other. The marten pelt looked a little big on the boy, she noticed then shifted with her nose back through the pile of pelts for something better fitted to his size. Perhaps a smaller marten pelt… “Ah!” the she-wolf lifted her head in triumph with the smaller marten pelt in maw. His movements had caused the larger hide to slip, making room for the new adornment to grace his back. It was still big for him, but not overly so with just enough of a drape to tail behind him. “That looks much better on you…” she commented with a smile. “And you look very pretty with white,” not wanting to leave the girl unnoticed, she commented on the compliment of the rabbit hide with her natural complexion same as her brother.

The two of them almost looked like the real animals… but with a substantial difference in anatomy of course. While the girl was the right size to pass as a rabbit, the boy was much too big to be a marten. A badger, perhaps… but she hadn’t had any more of those furs available. Seeing as the two of them were set on the pelts that adorned them, X’yrin began the cleanup process, lifting the furs one at a time to the edge of the cart then nudged them on. It would have been much easier to use two hands to clean the mess, but she had used the form too much for her likely. She missed the ground beneath four paws, instead of two and the present form made her much happier, more approachable to others especially to the little ones in her company.

For a moment, she paused when the girl addressed her and lowered herself into a bow. Smiling, X’yrin slipped her forelegs from the edge of the cart and dropped down fluidly to mirror her bow with tail raised and waving contently. “The fortune did promise you a gift. How about one for each of you? You may keep whichever fur you like.” Her eyes danced between the two children excitedly, hoping her treat would return the radiant lights to their faces. “But I suppose I’ll need to know the names of the little ones I’ve given my furs away to.” Habitually, she always seemed forgetful to inquire something as simple as a name, always more interested in the business rather than the title. “My name is X’yrin,” she offered first then lowered her head to rest on the snow with ears poised forward receptively as she waited.

534 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread