Never Grow Up
[html]
<style type="text/css">.sophie b {color:#13b4d7;} .sophie i {color:#007bd1;} .sophie i2 {color:#134fd7;} .sophie .ooc {font-style:italic;color:#005189;text-align:right;}.sophie .separator{width:315px; border-bottom:1px dotted #31d1c8; margin:0px auto;}</style>
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5530 ... b2copy.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

New table whoo! Big Grin :: Word Count → 736

As the marten pelt slipped off his back, it was very quickly replaced with another, and Sophie looked curiously at him before nodding approvingly. Boothe grinned back at her, shifting his head a bit until it rested under the pelt, as well. Sophie squirmed under her own, and scooted closer to her brother, flattening her ears out to the sides again and baring her teeth in a little grin. She felt like a warrior princess in this; it made her feel strong, and she sat up a little straighter, eyeing her brother for a moment as though she were thinking of engaging in a quick match of "I'm Better."

He'd still win, though, being the bigger of the two; just because she felt strong didn't mean she was. She rather liked the feeling anyway, though, and enjoyed the moment while it lasted, sinking back into the fur as though she'd disappear. Like a rabbit, hiding in the underbrush. Her slow grin crept back over her face, and as the stranger complimented her in her white fur, she chirped, "Thank you, Miss!" With blue eyes sparkling. Boothe straightened up as well, puffing his chest out and letting the marten's face flop over his own. He gave a little growl, his tail wagging, and nudged his sister with his nose. 'Hey, what'bout me? I look good, right?" He pestered, wanting to make sure but also, really, somewhat jealous of the attention Sophie got. She was his little sister, that was true, and on some level he knew that girls were just special, sometimes more special than boys--at least Leon and Trigger seemed to think so--but with her being so small and him, well, normal, he often felt left-out and forgotten, too. He just wanted his share.

As their new friend began cleaning up, Sophie watched for a moment and then shook off her pelt, nudging Boothe to do the same. While she carefully dragged their two pelts a safe distance away, so that they weren't mistakenly put back in the cart, Boothe picked up one of the other furs and toddled his way over to the cart, leaning up on it and attempting to throw the pelt in his mouth up in with the rest of them. He was unsuccessful, though, and in the end simply dropped it on the ground, closer to where it needed to be returned. Once Sophie's assigned task was done, she began doing the same, and the two pups did their best to help X'yrin clean up the mess made on their behalf.

As the two returned to where Sophie had left the pelts they were still certain they would have to choose between, the siblings looked at each other, and then down at the pelts. After a hesitant moment, Sophie nudged her brother, and flattened her ears, blinking at him shyly. "You should take it. You don't got anything." Both glanced down at Sophie's wrist, where her prettily carved bracelet still rested, and then together recollected Bug, who'd been left at home for the moment.

"N...N'aw, you take it. S'prettier on you." He insisted, suddenly feeling less selfish and more like a responsible big brother. He wasn't able to resist her big blue eyes anymore than Leon was, and he looked away, pawing at the marten pelt shyly. Before they could get into too heated of an argument, however, X'yrin broke in, answering Sophie's question for her. Both blinked at her incredulously, and then two nearly identical tails began to wag, hope blossoming in the twins' mis-matched eyes. "Y'mean it? We really can...?" She asked hesitantly, and Boothe had gone quiet, staring with wide green eyes before looking down hesitantly.

"Thank you, Miss...Miss X'yrin." He said, and looked up, his ears pressed back and his expression uncertain. At her question, though, the unexpectedly timid side of him disappeared completely, and he bounced back to being Boothe the Goof again, his tail wagging and his tongue lolling out. " 'M Boothe! An' that's my li'l sister Sophie!" He nodded to Sophie, who smiled shyly and wagged her tail, mumbling a shy greeting. "It's nice to meet you, Miss X'yrin. And, thank you for the furry things!" She added, backing up to nuzzle her nose into the soft white rabbit pelt. It sort of smelled like something to chew on, but she wouldn't; it was too special for that.

Sophie speaks Boothe Speaks

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread