Never Grow Up
[html]
<style type="text/css">.sophie b {color:#13b4d7;} .sophie i {color:#007bd1;} .sophie i2 {color:#134fd7;} .sophie .ooc {font-style:italic;color:#005189;text-align:right;}.sophie .separator{width:315px; border-bottom:1px dotted #31d1c8; margin:0px auto;}</style>
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5530 ... b2copy.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC here! :: Word Count → 580

Sophie's ears flicked atop her head as X'yrin agreed with her, about what she wasn't absolutely certain, though that was elaborated a moment later. She felt herself relax a bit, and even dared to smile, though her tail remained firmly curled against her backside. As she continued, however, Sophie brightened, and even Boothe looked up, before his shoulders rolled in a little shrug. Yes, there were all sorts of things puppies could do that adults couldn't; find elves, for one, even though Mordy was one adult who wouldn't stop looking, that was for sure. Sophie bet they could even fight trolls! And they played games, something you seemed to grow out of when you got older--at least, she'd never found Leon playing a game. And he wasn't that much older than she was!

Boothe wasn't thinking along the same lines, if he were thinking at all; the look on his face betrayed nothing, and he'd gone very still, a sign that surely meant he was waiting to be struck. Sophie nuzzled up to him until her head was tucked underneath his chin and they were so close together it was hard to tell where one began and the other ended. She didn't want her brother to feel bad; especially as X'yrin was slowly explaining she was on their side, but it took a sharp little nip to his jaw before he came back to himself, scrambling away to a more comfortable distance and glaring sullenly.

Boothe blinked up as X'yrin spoke again, first excusing them and then explaining this was probably simply not where Leon had meant, even if it was still the fairgrounds. Boothe glanced over at Sophie, his ears laid flat, and she stared back hesitantly before nuzzling up to him again. "If Leon gets mad, I'll tell 'im it was my idea, okay?" She whined softly, and got a snap of teeth in her face in return, startling her enough to back away a bit. "No you won't!" He barked, and then, much more quietly and with a shy glance at X'yrin, he added more softly, "I ain't gonna let him hit you like Faffer. He wants to get touchy, he'll do it with my teeth." The words were somewhat dark, hinting at something even darker, but they were pitched to only reach Sophie's ears, and probably would have, if Boothe had taken into account the male sneaking up behind them.

Sophie turned just in time, a bit surprised to see the large male there, and backed uncertainly toward X'yrin. Boothe followed, placing himself firmly between his little sister and the much larger male. He appeared friendly, though, and seemed to be acquainted with Miss X'yrin, causing both puppies to blink between the two curiously. "What's a trade?" Sophie asked curiously, and then glanced up as X'yrin mentioned food, looking uncertain. Boothe glanced between them as well, and finally decided for her, as Sophie seemed quite frozen for some reason. "Food sounds great! Er...d'we have to trade for it?" His voice was rather suspicious, as the only things they had for trade were the pelts they'd just been gifted. He, at least, had hung around the marketplace long enough to know what it was; but he didn't know more than how to was done, giving one thing for another, and that didn't seem fair, especially since X'yrin herself had said they were gifts.

Unless it was a scam. Oh, how tricky and confusing adults were!

Sophie speaks Boothe Speaks

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread