We need to be out of control. We crave it.
[html]

Word Count → 317 :: I've unofficially decided that Howlin' For You by The Black Keys should be their song lulz

Ariadne continued to linger in front of the stand and the vendor began to give her an annoyed look. While the trader in her could appreciate his sentiment, she did not like being reminded of her feeble position in these strange lands. Molten gold eyes shot up to the man with a withering look and, taken aback, he focused his attention elsewhere. Some may have been annoyed if people so often mistook their personality to match their appearance, but it was a weapon the Grecian took full advantage of. People expected the waify hybrid to be demure. Ari had learned well how to use others surprise at her actions and words against them. Strangers learned quickly that the woman was not one to be trifled with.

Her attention was so fully focused on the shiny merchandise laid out before her that she was paying no attention to the various other bodies around her. A bit of jostling around just came with the territory of markets. That didn't prepare her when a large shoulder bumped into her and sent her stumbling a few steps. Even with the quickly uttered apology, Ariadne turned with furrowed brows and frown—who was this bumbling oaf? However, when she caught sight of the man she couldn't say her eyes were disappointed with what they saw. Well, well, he was a handsome one, wasn't he? If she was going to be bumped into, at least it was by someone attractive.

From the way he was looking at her, clearly he was having similar thoughts about her. She was, of course, used to this. The woman was a fine specimen, if she did say so herself. One hand effortlessly tossed her chocolate locks back and her face had softened from its initial look of displeasure. "Well, since you apologized I suppose I won't submit you to a tongue-lashing," she said in her accented tones.

<style>
.ariadne1 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wl3By.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.ariadne1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.ariadne1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.ariadne1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#926e00;}
.ariadne1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.ariadne1 b {color:#926e00; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.06em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread