We need to be out of control. We crave it.
[html]

Word Count → 277 ::Nupe, cause I still suuuuuuuck Tongue

The way he swallowed as her darkened fingers traced over her necklace caused a small leap of mischief in her gut. Oh, if she played her cards right she could have this handsome thing wrapped around her little finger. Surely that could only play to her advantage. Gods knew she would not be averse to having such a strong male at her beck and call. Especially if she could call him into her bed—though who was she kidding? Ariadne hardly needed a bed to explore the carnal pleasures of life.

His name was not what she might have guessed, though fitting for all that. "Like the tree, eh? It suits you," she said with an unmistakable twinkle in her eyes. "A good guess, given the circumstances, but no. I worked on a trading galley and we made a brief stop here. One particularly jealous and uptight bastard took it on himself to teach me a lesson and stranded me here. Thankfully, due to my gregarious nature I've been able to make friends and find myself lodging." She was hardly destitute, even if her situation was far from ideal. Things, undoubtedly, could have been worse.

"Still, it is a rather unfortunate situation to find oneself in. I'm not entirely sure how I should proceed from here." Of course she would like to make it Freetown in time to catch the galley and expose Damianos before they left, but that was doubtful. The ship would make berth long before she could make it there by land, and she didn't even have a map to guide her, much less the skills to make such a journey on her own.

<style>
.ariadne1 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wl3By.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.ariadne1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.ariadne1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.ariadne1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#926e00;}
.ariadne1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.ariadne1 b {color:#926e00; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.06em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread