between what's fair and what you really need
[html]

Trent watched the beautiful sunset once they'd reached the shores. It looked beautiful, although he'd seen it many times before. Trent didn't care particularly for it, not more than that it was good, anyway; but he wouldn't have missed it had the sunset not been there. It was just another thing, and while he knew others could enjoy them, Trent wasn't one for the aesthetic beauty of nature. He liked things you could touch.

It was kind of disappointing that most of the coast consisted of cliffs and rocks rather than the rocky beach they were at now, although there could be great views from cliffsides. The question about fun was one that took Trent a little while to consider. He hadn't expected a question about his home, and looked clearly shocked at first, then thoughtful while he tried to bring back the memories. He mostly remembered the less-than-fun things, like the mating rituals last year where his parents had sent him out there to, goodness knows what they expected of him, fight for females or something like that when at the beginning of the mating season all the younger males and females got together. They had to have forgotten that Trent was one of the more submissive males of the pack, and he hadn't even gotten into a scrape, let alone a fight. He'd just folded his ears and tail, and nobody had ever questioned that Trent hadn't wanted to fight for a female. Well, except his parents, for some reason.

Lost in thought, it took Trent some time to answer. Oh, I don't know... he said non-commitally. Stuff like play-fighting, I guess, although I usually ended at the bottom, anyway. Ah... I guess we didn't do a whole lot for fun. Nothing that had actually been fun for him, anyway, nothing that he could do right now, right here, with Alder. Curiously Trent looked at Alder, although he did not ask. Did they do anything for fun, here?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread