With the touch of blood, she received wings
[html]

Cercelee laughed mirthlessly at Colibri’s question. There was nothing funny about the situation, the war and Colibri in another pack and her children heading that very war, but the question just seemed ridiculous to Cercelee. “How would you have stopped it Colibri?” The question was sincere, for Cercelee imagined that if Colibri had been in Cercelee’s place, the outcome would have been similar. That did not matter. Cercelee was in Cercelee’s place and what had happened, already had happebed. “You know what a certain coyote did to Mew. Haku went out to avenge her, and because Haku had been hanging around the pack... because his sister was in it and because his mother use to head it, they attacked us Colibri, members you had accepted. Remember that? You were there, if anyone should have stopped it then, it should have been you.” Colibri had seen the start of the war, but she had abandoned ship before it went down.

“Inferni didn’t want words, they wanted blood. So what would you have had me do? Hand over your baby boy and tell them to have a ball? Or allow the pack to do what they scream for, which is try their hand at justice. The pack was attacked, Mew was attacked... Part of me is proud Dahlia de Mai didn’t want to sit by and take it, part of me was sad we had no real choice. Short of offering Haku for a sacrifice, which I assume he would have run from and Inferni would still be after blood--our blood--, would you have rather we rolled over to show them our bellies? So that they could slay as they wished until they were satifisfied?” Cercelee spoke, and the longer her lecture became, the longer she realized why she was bitter at Colibri for leaving. Yes, she had lost her friend and leader, but Colibri had left her between a rock and hard place, one that Cercelee didn’t know how to get herself out of, let alone the whole pack. “So I accepted Haku, let him clean up the mess he made. Children need to learn how to put away their toys, I’m sorry you never taught your children that.” That’s all this was, a stupid game Haku was playing, and he didn’t know when to throw in the towel. And for some reason, as she stood here staring at the silver eyes female, Cercelee blamed Colibri.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread