I sleep all night and I work all day
[html]

Simple pleading quickly tranformed into ugly cursing as Caprica became more and more riled up at her ineffectual attempt to remove the axe-head from its deeply embedded predicament. She was just muttering words of the utmost obscenity under her breath when a sound behind her startled her enough to freeze in place. A voice rang out, and she screwed her eyes together briefly. Oh, what a pleasant situation to be discovered in. At least the offer was one of help, so she could overlook the embarrassment for now, as long as their arrival was truly worth it. In any case, she could at least rest for a moment. She turned on her heel, dusting woodchips from her paws and mustering up enough bravado to dazzle out a flawless and welcoming smile despite her self-consciousness. He was a earthen-coated creature, with a splash of cream around his front view and a sizeable enough build to give her hope that his less-tired arms might manage where she had failed. "Usually," she said conversationally, although she was skipping all the polite formalities such as name and introduction, "I would refuse your kind offer and insist on tryin' to do this thing, because I don't wanna seem like a weakling who can't handle her own shit, but..." she heaved a huge sigh. "I've most pulled my arms out their sockets and bored of this damn tree. Anything you can do would be appreciated. I should explain that my axe is stuck," she added mournfully, "so if you happened to bring a saw on your highly well-timed journey, well, you might just be my new favourite person."

Image courtesy of Ant Jackson@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_CapDa1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; background-image:url(http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3913/angelo2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:82px 0px 0px 0px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:5px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#484848; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 {background-color:#030303; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ababab; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9056/angelom.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_CapDa1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread