I sleep all night and I work all day
Merlin smiled, "Well you don't look like a weakling for a start," He looked at the tree, "Unfortunately I don't have a saw." He felt a little stupid for asking her if she wanted help but not being sure if he could help. He wouldn't be able to just pull it out, maybe with enough strength, but with his foot, he doubted it. He looked at the tree, and studied the axe. He pulled slightly, it felt pretty stuck. He mumbled to himself and looked at the axe process into chopping down the tree, it looked deep, deep enough for a good enough hit to knock it down. He walked around to the back of the tree, and pushed it slightly, it gave a little under Merlin's pressure on it. He mumbled so more and looked behind at the trees opposite the cherry tree.
"A big enough push-" He mumbled turning from the large pine tree next to the cherry tree to the cherry tree's trunk "-should provide enough force to knock down the tree."
He didn't know if the she-wolf heard his plan, but he was too busy thinking through his little experiment to tell her properly. He dropped his pack to the ground and pulled out a long, sturdy rope and his grip glove. He had invented the grip glove a couple of days back, just after the boots. He thought that a better grip would help him stay in trees and not fall out of them like he did when he broke his foot. He strapped on the metal-clawed glove and grabbed the rope with his non-gloved hand. He walked up the tall structure of the pine tree. He swallowed hard, aware of what happened the last time he climbed a tree.
He dug the glove into the strong bark and lifted his weight up and over a low branch. He continued the steps until he climbed up between two similar sized branches, one above the other, and both pointing towards the damaged cherry tree.
"Ok then, here we go." Merlin said to himself. He got the rope and tied it firmly to the higher branch. He then tied the other end to the tip of the lower branch, and carefully stepped back on the lower branch until he was holding the trunk.
He looked down at the she-wolf and smiled, "No, I haven’t got a saw, but-" He reached down and pulled out a blade, "-I have a blade"
He knew the blade wouldn't cut the cherry tree, but the branch was thinner, if he cut the branch just in front of his feet, the branch will fall, and the rope that was holding on the front of the branch would pull back, causing the branch to fall forward and, (hopefully), hit the cherry tree with enough force to knock it down.
"You might want to back up." He said and waiting no longer he swiped the blade across the branch. He hit it a few times until, with a crack it broke away from the tree. He followed its movements, just like he predicted, the unbalanced weight forced the branch to swing towards the cherry tree, but not long enough to reach.
Merlin held his breath, thinking his plan had gone wrong, but the rope tied along the branch's tip lost its grip, and the branch flew out of the rope's hold and threw itself at the cherry tree. Merlin swore that he felt the tremors as the branch came into impact with the tree.
After a few second of silence, as the branch rolled down the cherry's trunk, and the cherry finally gave up and toppled over. Merlin watched, his grip-glove dug into the trunk, as the cherry tree landed on the ground. Merlin laughed with success, and looked at the she-wolf, "I guess the axe is out of the tree now, and I suppose the tree's a bonus" He said cheerfully.

Messages In This Thread