I sleep all night and I work all day
"You're very welcome" Merlin called back with much enthusiasm, "I'm just glad I could help out." Merlin stuck his gaze to the far distance between him and the ground, his mind tried to pull back but he forced himself to lean forward and free his rope from the upper branch. He carefully knelt down and retied it to the thick part of the branch he was standing on. Once he felt sure it was tight enough he let it slowly take his weight and began to lower himself down the tree.
At first he worked his way down, but after about a metre he felt more confident and, using the grip glove against the tree bark for balance, he released his tight grip of the rope and slid down the dark bark of the tree, his grip glove ensuring that he wouldn't fall too fast. Once his feet landed on the soft grass and dirt, he sighed with relief as his fear of climbing left. Soon realising that the pressure of the tree branches had made his broken foot ache, he slowly limbed towards the she-wolf still smiling from his victorious plan.
"Name's Merlin, and a drink would be most appreciated" Merlin knew that he probably deserved a drink without the politeness since he just saved this girl a lot of work, but Merlin knew better than to demand from some else.

Messages In This Thread