ice kept getting thinner
[html]

SSWM Word Count → 465 :: NATNAT. I GIVE THEE MY SSWM WINNING POST (even if this reply is crap whuut)

It was not long before a dark shape came forth from the foliage—and Vesper startled, her hindquarters rising quickly off the ground as she stared at the black giant. It was a moment later that she realized, despite the four-legged gait, this was merely a luperci in its optime form and not an anomaly of nature. And then, a moment after that, she recognized the scent and the apple-green eyes of the male who came forward and touched his nose to hers.

Cornflower blue eyes widened, and immediately the coywolf broke into a welcoming grin and wagged her tail. His recoil did not go unnoticed from her keen awareness, but she did not remark on it; after all, she was shocked to see he belonged to a pack now, and that sentiment could easily pertain to her as well. She had been quite anti-pack during her time as a loner in Nova Scotia, still carrying that immature streak of so-called independence from her adolescent months. But she had aged properly, the process accelerated by the power of blood and duty, and she knew she was only a shade of the girl who’d foolishly blasted the car horn in Halifax.

“Zalen!” Vesper greeted warmly. “I didn’t think I would ever see you again.”

He had been curiously absent from the Sequoia mission even after he’d helped guide its plan, but now, seeing him on the outskirts of a new pack’s lands in a dominant posture, she could guess as to why that had been. She had struggled with the covert operation with her third-tier rank, and she knew that a new alpha would have even more troubles if he was recognized.

There was a heartbeat’s pause before the lupine instinct embedded in her blood caused her to lower her posture in response to his, but it was out of a lack of attention rather than disrespect or ignorance. It was strange for her to submit to someone who was not her own Aquila—and even Ezekiel was lax in the hierarchical displays favored by wolves—but it was required since she was so close to the resident leader’s lands.

So she kept her head and ears low, her tail in line with her hind legs, but looked at him with unrestrained curiosity. “I heard about a gathering of wolves in the north, but never thought that I would already be acquainted with one of its leaders.” She spoke lightly, but there were many actual questions swirling in her head. She was uncertain where she stood, as all packs were different in their leniency on border-visitors, and even though Zalen was a favored acquaintance connected to her in beliefs, Vesper was aware that neither was that significant to the other in the grand scheme of things.

<style type="text/css">
.vestper b {font-weight:bold; color:#697d87; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#bab1b5 1px 1px 2px;}
.vestper p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.vestper p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vestper .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#697d87; text-shadow:#bab1b5 1px 1px 2px;}
.vestper p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.vestper {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#b9c0c2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hZRG5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:370px 0px 4px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6e7073; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread