ice kept getting thinner
[html]
OOC / + 523

She seemed curious about them, and not in a nefarious way, and though Zalen would have hesitated to give out any more information than he already had, he considered Vesper a friend and comrade. The hybrid female had seemed trustworthy, even from the moment he met her, and he doubted such a strong femme would succumb to any form of negative influence Inferni might bestow upon her. So he answered her, It is called New Dawn, and we are steadily growing. He said this with pride. Already they were eleven members strong, nearly all young, fit males. This meant that their bellies were always full, and any other predators lurking in the area were kept at bay. For now, they were safe.

He listened with empathy as she retold her story of the vicious dog and her brute wolf that changed Vesper into a Luperci. Zalen was disgusted at the complete lack of regard for other by some of the inhabitants of Nova Scotia. It seemed that viciousness went hand in hand with the more humanized of the species, and he assumed this to be the case here despite Vesper not having said such. But still, to forcefully turn one into something they weren’t born as; such an offence deserved the greatest punishment.

Vesper seemed somewhat off guard when he issued his slight warning and he immediately felt guilty for it. It was too bad that she now served as a representative for the coyotes twenty some miles away, instead of just herself. In fact, had she come to him on her own, he would have accepted her into New Dawn as a member; damn the others! Coyote or not, she was a good soul, and a friend.

When her tiny paw connected with his though he couldn’t help but lend her a sweet smile; he did not want her to think him an unintelligent brute. She then spoke on behalf of her species, speaking about the sanity of the coyotes in Inferni and Zalen listened with rapt attention. What she said both confused and excited him; could there be a possibility that some day they could live in peace? Such a thing was a very utopic idea, one that sadly could not come to fruition until Zalen’s heart was mended and he could learn to forgive what had happened to his mother.

He nodded at her words though, It is good you have such a high rank there, at least I know then that I can trust at least one member of the Inferni leadership, as I hope you can trust me. Tell Ezekiel what you will, I’m sure Myrika has already spoken to him. Suddenly his face took on one of apologetic embarrassment, Frankly, I believe I might have scared the poor girl, I hope she did speak too badly of us. He chuckled then.

Suddenly, though, a memory came to his mind, Oh, what of Sequoia, and Noir? Have you struck upon Salsola yet? I wish I could have joined you, but as you can see, I had much more pressing matters to attend to. He glanced briefly behind him.

<style type="text/css">
.zalentar002 b {font-weight:bold; color:#905549; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a100b; }
.zalentar002 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zalentar002 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#6a4a44; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1198jz7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#967063; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zalentar002 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zalentar002 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread