ice kept getting thinner
[html]
OOC / + 401

Zalen chuckled lightly at her joking about how he had frightened Myrika, but he had to suppose that the coyote female hadn’t gone running back home with curses of New Dawn on her lips, especially if their gamma stood before him in such a friendly manner. Well that was good then, Zalen, despite his dislike of their race, judged more by content of character than anything else, and Myrika had been a sweet and innocent thing. Vesper was not so innocent, but she was genuine, without a hint of bad blood within her, so Zalen felt he could trust her fully. However, he would remain ever cautious, for he knew with whom her allegiances lay, and if it were ever to come down to his words or Ezekiel’s, he knew which she would listen to.

After he asked about Sequoia though, her expression told all before her mouth even opened to speak. Anger and dismay clouded her features like a dark storm and Zalen’s ears flicked back against his head. She told him that Noir was in fact named Tayui, which did not surprise him much; he was always under the impression that the light colored wolfess was hiding something. But as Vesper regaled him with the sad tail of their ultimate failure, and what Salsola had done, his eyes darkened. Was disgusting, spiteful creatures lived in the pack just across the mountains from them. Zalen’s black fur bristled when his friend told him that they had killed and elderly slave rather than see them free. The dark Alpha drew back a lip, showing white teeth which a pink tongue came out to lick in frustration.

Vesper seemed just angry as he and he could understand why. Failure in such a heroic deed was one of the most painful of blows, especially for those who held heroism and valor in their hearts like she did. But from what she had said it seemed as if the expedition had been doomed from the start; vagrants lead by a shady leader into the mouth of the beast. Zalen sighed, This news troubles me, especially with Salsola so near to us. I had always thought that Inferni would be our greatest thread… then, remembering who he was talking to, no offense… but now it seems Salsola is the true beast. I hate all that they stand for. Darkened apple eyes looked away in anger.

<style type="text/css">
.zalentar002 b {font-weight:bold; color:#905549; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a100b; }
.zalentar002 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zalentar002 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#6a4a44; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1198jz7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#967063; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zalentar002 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zalentar002 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread