ice kept getting thinner
[html]

Word Count → 486 :: Poked you on AIM about it, but let me know if you'd rather not end this yet!

Sharp white teeth flashed in his dark jaws once she had told him the news, and he looked even more large and formidable with his fur fluffed and his green eyes sharp with hatred. She might have stepped back, had she been a lesser creature, but she only burned with the emotions he was displaying now.

She nodded lightly as he spoke, choosing to overlook his mention of Inferni as being a threat to New Dawn. It was only a natural assumption: the wolf-pack against the coyote-clan. However, anyone who truly knew Inferni knew that they only wanted to be left alone, and their iconic violence was against trespassers and warning to trespassers. She could only assume Zalen would be the same way to those who tread on his own territory. Perhaps he wasn’t a killer—she didn’t like to think that of others—but defense of family was a powerful motivation and would excuse spilling blood.

Vesper bared her teeth in agreement. She found herself hating very few things; hate was a powerful word. But she hated Salsola, and she was sure she would spill blood in the future trying to end it.

“The rest of the region is turning a blind eye,” she spat. “They’re secretive beasts; not many have heard of them, let alone what monstrosities they commit. All we can do for now is spread the word, if we don’t attack.” She wasn’t sure that she would make it out alive next time she attacked, anyway—or if she would be found out, assuming she survived. She would be silent about Ezekiel’s attempt at an allegiance with the Thistle Kingdom, an allegiance she disagreed with strongly. She would not betray her clan now, however, not now that she had been granted such responsibility and trust within it. In her own time, her own way, Salsola would fall and the region would be at peace.

Wolves and coyotes would be at peace, too, if she had anything to do with it. With a slight sigh, she glanced at her brother in ideals then stepped toward him. She ventured to brush her nose against his strong dark shoulder in a friendly gesture, her tail flickering behind her. Her voice was quiet.

“Salsola will meet the end that it deserves. Until then, we will do what we can, and we will protect our packs—our families.” Vesper smiled lightly at him. “I should probably go back to mine to let our Aquila know I like our new neighbors. You take care of yourself and New Dawn, Zalen; I want to hear great things about it.”

She stepped back and turned as if to leave, but one last thought came to mind, and she grinned slightly. “And if any canines pass by too wolfy for Inferni to permit, I will send the decent ones in your direction. I would love to help preserve the old way.”

<style type="text/css">
.vestper b {font-weight:bold; color:#697d87; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#bab1b5 1px 1px 2px;}
.vestper t {font-style:italic; color:#697d87; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#bab1b5 1px 1px 2px;}
.vestper p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.vestper p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vestper .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#697d87; text-shadow:#bab1b5 1px 1px 2px;}
.vestper p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.vestper {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#b9c0c2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hZRG5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:370px 0px 4px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6e7073; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread