The patter of tiny... wings?

The tension in the air was thick enough that she could have cut it with her knives should she so wished to. Neela refused to meet her eyes and Grynn's body language only became more threatening so maybe the Yakuso could be forgiven for taking an involuntary step backwards instead of forwards. Her arms were arranged over her chest in a attempted relaxed movement but the stiffness of her arms revealed it to be a front. Also it gave her a better chance of getting them up in time in case Grynn did decide to go with her instincts and attack her.

She remained quiet and non threatening as the sailor spoke, explaining the situation. Yes she understood exactly how fast Dalgina could talk when she was excited and sometimes just agreed with what she was saying to get her to be quiet. Her mind rolled back to that luxurious hour spent in bed with Temo and her tail quivered slightly, the silence had been good, almost as good as his body. Her lips quirked upwards, abolishing her frown and resurrecting her old smile that Neela would know so well. Now that her explosive explanation was finished did Jace step forwards into the light, the shadows flickering over her scarred form, catching in the deep grooves carved into her face.

"Of course Friend. I do not believe you would agree to such a thing without asking me. Actually I was here to give my consent to a question not yet asked." Her face contorted into a wince as she said that although the huff of a laugh passed her lips. "You know my dislike of the ocean." Yeah, more like outright terror. "But I cannot let my own biases bar the way to my children's happiness and their lessons of life. In my own experience, life has taught me that the ocean is a dangerous place." Again her face fell into that considering frown as she remembered her young friend falling through the ice, "I lost a very good friend to the waters of the Arctic, on top of that my beliefs in the nature of death by water have given me a lust to keep my feet firmly upon dry land. Having said that.. I feel that Dalgina should.. ahh find these things out for herself so to speak. I cannot lead her way for her forever." Here the woman turned positively mournful at the thought that she wouldn't be always there to protect her daughter, "But...." A deep sigh, "I trust you Neela, and I have faith in your skills and capabilities as a captain." Her nose twitched as she huffed through it. "Just keep her safe for me."

A sudden louder cheep drew her attention from Neela to the chicks and an idea crossed her mind, these little ones would need to be kept very very warm if they were to survive the winter, "I have an idea about keeping those chicks warm." Her words were slow and thoughtful, "I'm moulting at the moment so my winter coat can come through." To demonstrate she gripped a handful of her chest fur and tugged gently, pulling away a clump of dead fur which she held up, a wry smile crossed her maw, "I can donate my fur for them to use if you want, its good for keeping you warm, I can attest to that."

Messages In This Thread